Beru's Haven

Trying to live as normal a life while knowing I have cancer...

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

"Alias" returns tonight...

That's something good. It's a two-hour show as well, but it's all a countdown to the big finale. Still, it gives me something to look forward to.
The doctor called in some anti-nausea meds in for me yesterday. I tried them last summer, but I'm going to give them another shot now. It can't hurt.
I'm feeling less nauseated today- so maybe it's working, or overall the nausea is letting up.
The pain is not. I'm in constant pain. Constant. I wake up in pain, and it keeps me from sleeping at times as well- even as doped up as I get on the pain meds.
I have constant reminders- the pain as well as other things- that the tumors are growing. It makes me feel as though I'm losing the battle. Which, I guess, if we're being honest, I am.
Yesterday morning I was able to accompany my father to the probate hearing- so that was something.
Easter Sunday I wasn't able to hardly get out of bed, but Aidan and I watched some tv and played in bed.
I've lost more weight. Just not so much around the belly as I guess that is swollen and all.
I haven't really been on the computer, either. I haven't really been doing much of anything. A little reading. A lot of resting/napping. A lot of mindless tv.
I just want life to be normal again. Why did this have to happen to me? It just doesn't seem right...

1 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does this bad thing happen to good people like yourself? I suppose it's a way of showing you just how strong you can be when you have to be, for those around you but especialy yourself. Your strong. You'll fight. You'll beat it. Do it for your son, your family, but most of all, do it for your YOU.

Kevin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home